Thursday, September 13, 2007

Little Boy Wisdom....



This morning, Allen and I went for our morning walk. We've started walking every morning after we drop off the big kids as school. Anyways, as we walked, here came the trash truck. Allen inquisitively asked about it. So I told him how the trash men come to collect our trash for us. He watched them very closely and he very excitedly said, "oh mom, that's what I want to be when I grow up, can I mom?" I said, well that would be okay, I guess. He said, very seriously and matter of fact, "oh that would be so fun, you could be stinky all the time and I looovvveee to be stinky." I said, "why do you think they are so stinky?" He said, very put out like I was just about as stupid as they come, "mom, they are picking up our stinky trash." Like "Hello"... I couldn't help but chuckle at his profound wisdom. He was so excited and you could tell he just thought that would be the greatest job ever. So I'll be so excited for my son whom will be the stinky trash man... Oh well, somebody has to do it, huh? Mine as well be someone who will enjoy it's wonderful, many perks! :) LOL


The Trash Man...

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Allen is just too funny! You're right, someone has to do it and Allen would probably make a great trashman, garbage collector, sanitation worker. That's terrific that y'all are taking walks every day after dropping the big kids off at school. I'm sure Landen enjoys the walks as well. Makes me want to start that habit... but so far I'm just walking to the "dvd". Climate control inside, ya know? lol It's been too muggy to venture outside for any type of exercise.

Bronie said...

first, i'm so proud of you for walking every day. way to go! i walk in my head. lol secondly, good for allen. most people don't discover their calling in life till a little later on. come on, it does sound like a good job for a kid who likes to be stinky.