Monday, October 06, 2008

My baby is a teenager......

My baby turned 13 on Saturday. I can't believe it. It was a bitter sweet day I must admit. I can't believe how the time has flown by. It really does fly by. We had a big day. She had her best friend spend the night and then we took them to Six Flags for the day. Let me tell ya, I'm way too old for that. Man I'm still tired. But it was fun. She had a blast though so that made it all okay, sore feet and all. It was Fright Fest too so she got double fun. She loved that, even though all three girls would grab on and hide behind me every time we'd even see one of them. Ha! It was quite comical. They insisted on staying to see it but were scared to death. Silly girls. I made her cake with that new fondant icing. It's pretty and not too hard to do but taste wise, not so good. Let me put it this way. Almost everyone pulled the icing off to the side. It's real gummy. It's just different. It's okay, it's just not mom's butter cream icing. So I guess all the rage is just for looks not taste. But it was cute. Hailey loved it. Did I mention she's a teen? Yipes! It's all down hill from here I guess or maybe the fun has just begun! he he... Guess we're fixen to find out!













5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake is absolutely adorable! Great job! Glad they had a good time. I can't believe little Hailey is 13!!! OMG. i remember when she was just a little tyke!

Sharon said...

Looks like y'all had a good time at Six Flags... I should have been there. Not sure I would have ridden ALL those coasters though. I do love the Judge Roy Scream however. When Dan & I got on the Shockwave (years ago), I promised God if he got me off of there in one piece, I would never get on it again. And so far, I haven't. Love the cake, it's too cute - did you decorate that with an 18 month old running around? You rock!

Misty said...

Well, i did it mainly duing nap time but he wasn't much help when he was up. He wanted to help a little too much. he was way to interested in what i was doing and mad because he couldn't help and he didn't have my full attention to boot. but i got the bulk of it done while he was in bed. whoo hoo... hey you wouldn't even recognize six flags now. shock wave and judge roy scream are like old school rides. no one was on those rides. those were for like the sissy rides i guess. those other roller coasters looked intense. man! i was so wanting to ride them. but i love roller coasters. oh well, maybe next time.

Bronie said...

happy birthday hailey! that's an awesome cake, and the rides look intense! hope you had a super day! everybody here says "hey!"

Karen said...

The cake is beautiful. It seems like just yesterday I was reading a post that she was turning 12. Where did the time go?

Glad you made it through Six Flags;-)