Friday, August 15, 2008

Vertigo...

Well, as if I needed something else to mess with... I have somehow managed to get something called Vertigo. Oh... Let me tell ya how much fun this is. Ya know that feeling you have directly after you get off of a merry-go-round, like your head is still spinning but your body is standing still. Well, that's Vertigo. Somehow or another my equilibrium is out of sorts, I guess. Well, that's what they are treating me for at this point anyways. Last Saturday day I woke up with this feeling of dizziness and spinning and it has progressively gotten worse. It's a horrible feeling. I can't drive and I feel like an absolute drunk person. I told William this morning that I just want to hold my head still. Even when I close my eyes, I'm spinning. It never stops! It's maddening!!!!! I feel like I seriously am losing my mind. Seriously!!!! I wish I were kidding. My perception is way off so just doing simple things is insane. Like taking a shower this morning was brutal. Anyways! They have put me on medication but so far I've seen no difference. And of all weeks to get this, being the week before school starts. Ahhhhh!!!! Oh well, I will survive or at least I hope so.. he he he.... I had my sleep deprived EEG done last night. I made it though. It wasn't as bad as I thought. The medicine that they put me on knocks me out. So I took one of those and slept almost four hours yesterday afternoon and then another hour or so last night and so I was pretty good. I got pretty sleepy about 5:30 this morning but I made it. I watched 27 Dresses. It was a cute movie. William rented a bunch of movies so that's what I did to stay awake. If I'm watching a movie, I won't go to sleep. I don't want to miss it. So that was a big help. Of all things we had a storm blow up and our electricity went out for about an hour at 3:00 am. So that was a little tough. I can't really read because I can't really focus and it was too dark to read by candle light anyways. So I had to just pace the house for awhile. It ended up being some good prayer time though. :) Anyways! I best go. If I focus too long on one thing it makes me a nausea's. I wish you guys could see me. I'm typing this with one eye open. Please, forgive me if it doesn't make sense or if I have lots of errors. It's the dang craziness. :) I'll try to get with ya later in the week. Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I am sooo sorry you are dealing with vertigo. I get that maybe once a year but it's not nearly as bad as what you have. I really feel for you. I hope they are able to get it under control with medication or find out the reason you're experiencing that. Glad that your sleep study went better than you thought. Now, I guess it's just sit back and wait for results, huh? We'll be praying.....

Karen said...

Sorry you are having a rough time. I pray that you wake up tomorrow and the vertigo is gone, for good!

Bronie said...

aw man, i wish you were closer. we could've watched movies together! i pray that everything gets back to "normal" very soon.

love ya bunches,
~b