Monday, November 17, 2008

Lauren's 10th Birthday!

Our little Princess turned 10 last Thursday. She's now in the double digits. So very sad... :( She had a sleep over, which was fun. A little tiring for mom but fun. I'm just getting too old for that mess. It wasn't too bad though. They all crashed about 1:30 but the boys were up at 6:30. But I got to take a big nap so that was good. Except it really made me feel worse I think. I wish I had just stayed asleep. Oh well, anyways! She had a good birthday. Thursday night we took her to Peter Piper's pizza because no one but one girl had RSVP'd so we assumed no one was coming but the one girl. Well, not so and hour or two before they all started calling. (side note soap box: when did rsvp mean call 30 minutes before? I was just a wee bit irritated! I mean how rude can you be???) So we ended up with six girls showing up eight including Lauren and Hailey. I mean I was happy for her just not as prepared as I would have liked to have been. So we impovised. It worked out fine. She had a great time. She's really growing up. She's big into kitty's and butterfly's ans so she wanted a cat cake and that's what I ended up with. I thought it turned out pretty darn cute. All the girls really loved it. It was a big hit. All the fussing and worrying last week about what to get her and one of the girls bought her a "webkin" that was the hit of the night. She hasn't been of this stinkin computer since. It's a stuffed animal but it has a web site that you log on to and you have an interactive site with it. It has it's own room, you decorate it, you feed it, you play with it, walk it, just all kinds of stuff. I wish I had known about the dang thing. It sure would have saved me alot of money. Ha! She's liked her other things too but not nearly as much as the Webkin. Huge it with all the girls. Anyways! Here's a few pictures from the party.











So Silly

We're NOT tired!

Good Morning, Sunshine!
There's five girls on this bed! Four at the top and one at the bottom.







4 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm glad she had a good time. That is kind of rude to not RSVP until the day of the party. What were those mothers thinking? Cute, cute cake - you're really great at decorating!

Misty said...

Thanks! I was pretty proud of that cake! It turned out way better than I imgined it to be... I know am I crazy? But I thought that was the polite thing to do? I guess not! Oh well! I"m still tiffed about it. he he he....

Bronie said...

love the cake! it looks like she had a fun time. let me know how that moon sand works out. w has a hankerin' for some moon sand... EVERY time the commercial comes on. :)

domnlexismommy said...

Cute cake! I'm glad that everything turned out well and that she had a good time!